Carrollton Manor was subdivided in 1931 and the 25 foot wide lots were sold as vacation properties. One of the first houses was a Mediterranean style house that still stands on Center Drive. Carrollton Manor slowly grew and remained a vacation community through the 40s and 50s, as did much of the Anne Arundel County shoreline between Annapolis and Baltimore. When the first bay bridge was built, vacationers had an easy route to the Eastern Shore and Ocean City. This event began the process of changing the shoreline communities of Anne Arundel County from vacation properties to year round residence.
   
 
           
   
  
   Carrollton Manor Improvement Association (CMIA) was organized and incorporated in 1941. Initially, meetings were held in member's houses or on their front porches and only a handful of residents paid dues. During the 60s and 70s, the number of year-round residents exceeded the number of vacation homes. During this period, the community operated a teen center in a basement structure that was attached to the Clubhouse. This structure was torn down in mid 80s after termites were found and no funds were available for repairs.